Friday, January 13, 2012

Breathe in the fresh, NEW, air!

It is crazy how fast life can change! In the past two weeks being back up at school I feel like I have had so many new experiences and life has come at me so rapidly. Looking back on the person I was last year, and everything 2011 consisted of, I give one last backward glance to say good bye and turn to the year I have ahead of me with welcoming arms! Already I have so many decisions to make, so many things to do, and so many new opportunities to enjoy life. Now is the time to seize the day. :]

So far this year has treated me to:

  • Back to back classes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
  • More homework than I have ever had before.
  • My first walk to work in falling snow. (The crunch of snow beneath my feet was quite unsettling..)
  • Long work hours in the busy dish room.
  • Spending my first fast Sunday working back to back shifts at the MTC. (Oh the disappointment!)
  • Going to my first day at work with only three hours of sleep.
  • Four to five hours of sleep followed by school days consisting of five hours of classes.
  • Missing fun things with friends because of a heavy work load/ feeling sick.
But it also has brought me:

  • New classes with teachers and subjects that help me look forward to the hours spent sitting in the classroom.
  • Finishing homework days before it's due.
  • Acquaintances that are already turning into good friends.
  • An eight hour date that flew by with all the laughter, good conversation, and fun.
  • A job that allows me to serve the missionaries going out to do the Lord's work.
  • An income that will help me get closer to some 2012 dreams of mine.
  • Looking around at ward prayer and feeling the appreciation and love I have for my ward family.
  • Eating so healthy, having energy, working out and loving every minute of it.
  • Looking forward to another AMAZING semester with the BEST roommates anyone could ask for.
  • Being able to wake up at six in the morning and accomplish things before my crazy day starts.
  • A contemporary dance class that brings the biggest smile to my face, works my muscles, helps me to remember how much I love to dance, and reminds me just a bit of how flexible I used to be. (And am going to be again real soon!)
  • Being able to feel so close to my twin/sister/best friend even though she lives in a different country.
  • Late night talks, listening to fabulous music, and being too happy to fall asleep.

It seems that 2012 is already spoiling me! I'm so excited to make the most of this year and continue working towards the person I'm trying to be. Good bye 2011 hello 2012. :]


No comments:

Post a Comment